For this activity, you will be working in groups of 3 on building a piece of architecture using a variety of mathematics skills. You will be given a budget, which must have a record kept to chart and graph costs during the project. You must also be precise in the measurements of your architecture, the length, width, and height of the architecture in both US standard and metric forms.
At the conclusion of the activity, your team will be responsible for comparing the different structures and identifying polygons, both regular and irregular within them.
1. Download and print the Building Codes Directions handout.
2. Download and print directions for Phase 1 of the project.
3. Download and print off the Job Duties handout and the rubrics for Engineer, Architect and Accountant jobs.
4. Open the Architectural Structure Models WRL to look for design ideas.
5. Download and print directions for Phase 2 of the project.
6. Download and print directions for Phase 3 of the project.
7. Download and print directions for Phase 4 of the project.
8. Begin the PowerPoint Presentations.
9. Report findings to theclass using the PowerPoint Presentations.