"Zoo." Center for Applied Second Language Studies. 02/16/2006
Letís discover interesting facts about the animals we will see at the zoo before we go!
1. Select a mammal, amphibian, fish or bird to research from the list of zoo animals below.
2. Create a 5-slide PowerPoint presentation in Spanish.
3. The first three slides should include the following information: a. Common and scientific name of animal.
b. Where does the animal live? (Be specific as to country/forest/ocean.)
c. Describe the animal's habitat.
d. What does the animal eat?
e. Find 3-5 interesting and descriptive details (does it have the longest tail? Does it have the shortest ears, etc.) and a picture.
f. Is the animal an endangered species?
g. How does the animal protect itself?
4. On the 4th slide, create a 3-4 question quiz in Spanish about your animal. What is the most interesting information that you think is important to remember?
5. Answers to your quiz should be on the fifth slide (in Spanish).