|Missouri Content Standards|
|Communication Arts-ELA (2003)|
|CA-4.II.2. Compose well-developed text using standard English conventions.|
|CA-4.II.2.A. Use conventions of capitalization in written text: |
- names of counties and countries.
|CA-4.II.2.B. In composing text, use: |
- comma in a series;
- comma between city and state;
- apostrophe in contractions;
- apostrophe in singular possessives, with assistance.
|CA-4.II.2.C. Use parts of speech correctly in written text: |
- verbs that agree with compound subject;
- connecting words to link ideas (conjunctions).
|CA-4.II.2.D. In writing, use: |
- correct spelling of grade-level frequently used words;
- spelling strategies and patterns;
- classroom resources and dictionary to verify correct spelling.
|CA-4.II.2.E. In composing text, |
- use complete declarative, interrogative, imperative and exclamatory sentences when writing text;
- identify and write simple compound sentences.
|IV. Information Literacy|
|CA.1. Develop and apply effective research process skills to gather, analyze and evaluate information|
|CA.1.A. Formulate and research keywords and questions to establish a focus and purpose for inquiry|
|CA.1.B. Locate and use various resources to find information on keywords and questions|
|CA.1.C. Identify relevant information and record main ideas and important details in own words|
|CA.1.D. Informally give credit for others? ideas, images and information found in various resources|