The 1990s can be characterized as the Information Age. States develop technology programs to be instituted in the schools.
- Charles Reigeluth breaks ground with his paper on Elaboration Theory. According to Reigeluth, Elaboration Theory, instruction should be organized in increasing order of complexity for optimal learning.
- Dorsey, Goodrum, and Schwen develop another system of instructional design with the introduction of Rapid Prototyping. Rapid prototyping involve learners and/or subject matter experts (SMEs) interacting with prototypes and instructional designers in a continuous review/revision cycle.
- (1995) Bernie Dodge and Tom March developed Webquest
- Constructivist Theory spreads
- use of multimedia in instruction
- development of CD-ROMS
Some Thoughts About WebQuests
The model was developed in early 1995 at San Diego State University by Bernie Dodge with Tom March.