- indignant- angry at an injustice
- gamboled- frolicked
- wryly- grimly and humorously
- morass- swamp, confusion
- tangible- solid; able to be touched
- plaintively- woefully
- dubiously- doubtfully
- Meg has never thought of herself as lucky. Why does Calvin think she is?
- Meg is brillant in math, yet she is practically failing it at school. Why?
- Calvin is popular, athletic, and well-liked by everybody. Explain why he felt so alone and isolated before meeting the Murrys.
- What is Meg's greatest fear about her father and his "top secret" job?