- warily- cautiously
- avid- eager
- tractable- easy to manage or teach
- antagonistic- hostile
- sagely- wisely
- inadvertently- unintentionally
- placidly- calmly
- dilapidated- broken-down; in terrible condition
- raucous- hoarse and loud
- assimilate- absorb
- Why was Mrs. Murray so alarmed when Mrs. Whatsit mentioned a "tesseract"?
- Why does Meg think Mr. Jenkins’ concern for her is an act?
- Why does Charles Wallace think that learning to read will make school harder for him next year?
- What does Calvin mean when he calls himself a "sport"?
- What do Calvin and Charles Wallace have in common aside from being sports?
- What is peculiar about Mrs. Who’s manner of speech?
- Why have Mrs. Who and Mrs. Whatsit come to the Murry’s area?