- connotations: associated meanings
- swivet: extreme agitation
- pedantic: unimaginative; boring
- emanate: come from; flow from
- ominous: foreshadowing evil
- sadist: one who enjoys causing others pain
- sulfurous: hellish
- What does Charles Wallace tell Calvin and Meg about Mrs. Whatsit, Mrs. Who, and Mrs. Which?
- Why does Meg chose not to take Calvin's hand when they follow Charles Wallace down the corridor?
- When force proves unsuccessful, what does Meg suggest that Calvin do toget through to Charles Wallace?
- What does Charles Wallace say that a father is?
- What happens to a citizen of Camazotz who get a cold?
- How does Charles Wallace make the corridor wall disappear?
- According to Charles Wallace, why are all of the people on Camazotz happy?