|Join us for Earth Week 2013!|
Join us as we celebrate Earth Week 2013
and make Earth Day everyday at Bay Farm School!
Check out our Wacky Tacky Trashy Day Catwalk!
1. Be sure to walk or roll to school every day because we are collecting data to see if we can make a difference in our environment by doing this all week long!
2. Pack a zero waste lunch every day to see how much waste we can reduce from the landfill. See if your picture gets taken and added to our special Earth Week Bulletin Board!
3. Wear Green on Monday to honor and celebrate everything green on Earth Day, which is Monday, April 22!
4. Wear Blue on Wednesday to honor and appreciate our water and oceans!
5. Use this website to have fun while you learn about ways that you and your family can help protect the earth not just this week, but every week!
6. Take the EarthDay Pledge and use the comment box below to tell us how you and your family make a difference at home!
7. Take the Earth Week Survey to see what kind of a difference we make together! Compare past surveys to see if we are doing better at saving the Earth!
8. Dress up Friday. Wacky Tacky Trashy Day! Student Council and Go Green have joined forces! The challenge is to wear an outfit to school that is wacky, tacky and made with materials that are recycled or reused. Of course there will be a Wacky Tacky Trashy Fashion Show during lunch on Friday.
But Wait....There’s more!
Beginning Monday, April 22 and until Friday the 26, we are asking you to check with your teacher each day of Earth Week to see if you earn Earth Day raffle tickets!
Here’s how to get raffle tickets!
If you walk or roll, you get a ticket.
If you can show your teacher that you brought a no waste lunch, you get a ticket.
What’s a "No Waste Lunch"? We need to all be on the same page here so read carefully.
You carefully write your name and room # on your ticket(s). They will be collected by your teacher in a bag from Ms. Kuttner and your teacher will turn them in to her on Friday or the following week. Winners of the raffle will be announced after Earth Week 2013!