|Discussion Topic for Module 1|
A. Exploration of 21st Century Skills in Relation to Current and Future Careers
1. Pick one of the following professions (Try to pick on that no one else in this course has picked):
2. Research the skills necessary to get and succeed at a job in this industry. Which of the 21st Century Skills are required for that job or profession? Critically analyze how well are your students currently being prepared for this profession. What skills do they need that they are not currently getting at your school?
3. After you have posted your analysis. Read the other postings, and look for common themes. Determine which of the 21st Century skills seem to be emerging as the most critical for sucess in the 21st Century job market, and post these to the discussion.
B. Value of 21st Century Skills in Terms of Common Core Standards
1. To what extent do you see value in teaching 21st Century skills?
2. How you can integrate 21st Century skills within your content.
3. Should education is just the learning of content, or does it encompass more than that?
4. Do you see 21st Century skills are new skills, or as skills that have always been important educational skills?
Remember to be prepared to defend your ideas using information from ALL the sites you’ve explored so far as well as your personal experience.