This is an activity that you can use in your classroom to help students buy-in to what school has to offer them.
1. Print and pass out the handouts on Maslow.
2. Define any words that students’ might be unfamiliar with.
3. Have students take turns reading through the handout aloud.
4. Stop after each section and ask for feedback/questions/comments.
5. Discuss it with the class.
Possible discussion topics:
Do you agree with this model?
What individuals do you see as being self-actualized?
Any movie stars? Atheletes? Artists or Performers?
Why do you see these people as self-actualized?
Where do you think you stand in relationship to this model?
Who thinks they’re at level 3? level 4? level 5?
What do you need to get to the next level?
Do you think school can help you get that? Why/why not?