Your home group of four members will need the following specialist to complete rest of the tasks. Choose a role that will interest you. After choosing your role:
Becoming an Entomologist: Each person in the group can contribute a bug to the collection for study.
1. Identification Specialist: It is your responsibility to identify each bug with websites listed and other books found in classroom or library. Some links are provided.
2. Care Management: Store, feed or mount bug in proper fashion. Use links on food and care.Determine what the animals need to exist in their environments.
3. Environmentalist: Decide which countries have climates and animals similar to ours. Locate and choose a foreign country where our bugs could survive.
4. Clerical Artist: Gather information critical to Passport procedures and create a document that will describe the details of all species in general. View examples from links provided.
- Divide into groups with specialists in your same area of expertise. (Example: All Identification Specialists work on the same materials in a sub-group)
- After your sub-group completes their research, return to your original home group to share your information and complete the project. Website links are listed on the sidebar under your area of specialty.
- Submit a document to the teacher with a list of roles and responsibilities for each participant in your home group (and keep one for your notebook).