- Learn basic stock market concepts and terms.
- Research and pick two stocks via the Internet.
- Use the Internet to collect daily stock closing values over time.
- Setup an Excel spreadsheet to track and record each stock’s performance.
- Learn to apply basic Excel spreadsheet formulas (multiplication, sum, profit/loss) to automatically compute:
- Daily individual stock dollar value - per stock (number of shares x daily stock closing value (mulitiplication))
- Daily combined dollar value total - the addition of daily values for both stocks (stock #1 + stock #2 (sum))
- Daily combined dollar profit/loss amount (daily dollar value of stock #1 + stock #2: is it greater than (profit), less than (loss), or equal to (no change) the initial amount invested on the first day in both stocks (profit/loss)?
- Use Excel to create line graphs of stock performances.
- Share findings related to the stock market, investing, and the tracking of stock performance via multimedia presentations, posters or podcasts.