- Examine their own cultures and realize the influences multiculturalism has on our lives.
- Conflict can arise through difference and people can be affected differently by groups in power.
- We all have valueable things to share with one another that we can all learn from.
- Learn and report back about a multicultural person.
- Performance and study of art in culture is important for the maintenance of and reproduction of culture.
- Each person contributes to their communities of cultures and everyone is a valuable member who has the capacity to influence positive change in our society.
- Students will relate and express their cultural backgrounds.
- Students will identify conflicts based on cultural differences and discuss ways to address it and examine reasons behind it.
- Students will organize presentations and projects on culture and multicultural people.
- Students will interpret and create various visual and performing arts pieces on different cultures.
- Students will address different English/Language Arts and Visual and Performing Arts according to California Content Standards.