|Baby Hat Instructions|
Newborn Hat for Birthing Centers - Knitting and Crocheting Instructions
End with a purl row.
Piece will now measure 4″ from the beginning.
Cut yarn, leaving a long tail for sewing up seam. Thread the tail of yarn through a large eye needle and then pull through the stitches to remove them from the needle. Pull stitches tight to gather. Sew seam down side of hat with remaining yarn. Make pom pom and fasten to top
Use size F hook with baby yarn (9 sc = 2 inches)
1. Ch 4, join w slip stitch to form ring
2. Ch 1, work 10 single crochet in ring, do not join with slip stitch. You will work in rounds.
3. 2 sc in each sc around (20 sc)
4. Work 1 round even (20 sc)
5. 2 sc in each sc around (40 sc)
6. Work 1 round even (40 sc)
7. *1 sc in next sc, 2 sc in next sc*, rep from * around (60 sc)
8. Continue working in sc in rounds until cap measures 8" from top to bottom
9. End off, weave end into outside edge
10. Turn up 2" cuff
Variations on Newborn Baby Hat