LEP (Limited English Proficient) students are required to receive accommodations when taking common assessments and FCAT.
These accommodations are:
* Flexible Setting - ESOL students may be tested in another room.
* Flexible Scheduling - parts or sessions of a test may be given during several brief periods within one school day, but must be finished within one school day.
* Flexible Timing - students may be provided additional time, however a session must be completed within one school day.
* Assistance in Heritage Language - some assistance can be given in the child’s heritage language. Currently McMullen Booth Elementary School has one Spanish translator and one Serbian translator.
* Dictionary - students may have access to an English-to-heritage language translation dictionary.
* These accommodations are provided for classroom tests, common assessments, CELLA, and FCAT. NO accommodations are provided when taking timed fluency tests.