Adapted from the "Protect Your Climate" Curriculum Program from the Bay Area Air Quality Management District
Climate Change Basics:
*What is the Greenhouse Effect?
*What is weather? How does it differ from climate?
*What is air pollution?
*How does the carbon cycle work?
*How can I take steps to reduce climate change? (Overview)
Reducing Impacts from Energy Use:
*What our our energy choices? What are the impacts of each?
*What is combustion? How does it relate to air pollution?
*How do we generate electricity?
*How does solar power work?
*Home energy audit
Reducing Impacts from Waste:
* How did this pencil get here? (Looking at consumption and the energy pathway)
* How much does our class waste?
* Does recycling really matter?
* How do I compost? What are the benefits?
Reducing Impacts from Transportation:
* Can we reduce our impact by exploring transportation options in our community?
* Trip chaining: Planning a no waste drive week!
Project Culmination: How can we persuade others to take action?