WATCH THE FOLLOWING VIDEO AND FILL OUT THE HAND OUTS GIVEN INDIVIDUALLY, THEN DISCUSS AS A GROUP
- When you need to talk with your employer ask when would be a good time.
- Take advantage of your performance reviews, learn from it, ask how you can improve. If you have taken any job related classes, let your supervisor know
- Be a team player
- Be willing to help
- Know the goals of your team
- Avoid a know it all attitude
- Keep your sense of humor
- ask for help when you need it
- If you make a mistake do not hide it, let your supervisor know immediately
- Follow the proper chain of command, discuss issues with your supervisor first.
COMMUNICATION IN THE WORKPLACE