- To introduce repeating lines in a story, I read several versions of the Gingerbread Man. (Please see resources tab for the books we read.)
- I also read them the version I had written last year to encourage them to become authors.
- Click on the image below to view this story.
- As a class, we discussed familiar patterns that all versions of the Gingerbread stories included.
- The students noticed that the Gingerbread character runs away from the person that bakes it, while singing a song( repeated lines).
- The students then had to come up with their own rhyme and characters for their version of the story.