To begin, follow these steps:|
- To get started, first gather all of your materials. Then create a space where it is okay to get dirty and is easy to clean up.
- As you do this project, be sure to talk to your child and describe the process. Tell them that you are going to be planting some flower seeds. Let them know that seeds will grow to become big, beautiful flowers if you take care of them. Tell them the names of all of the materials you will be using, what type of flowers you will be growing, and what color the flower will be when it gets big. Explain the process as you go.
- Place your container(s) on the table.
- Have your child grab handfuls of soil and fill the container so it comes to just an inch to a half inch below the top of the container(s).
- Next, have your child take their finger and push a 1/4" to 1/2" hole in the top of the soil towards the middle. If you have more than one container, do so in each container.
- Open you seed packet and have your child place two seeds into each hole.
- Carefully cover the seed with a bit of soil and gently pat it.
- Water your seeds so that water drips out of the bottom of the pot- be sure to pour water near the side of the container, not directly over the seed when it is so small so the seed does not move from its spot.