There are lots of places where you can wish for stuff.
Digital Wish has everything you need to locate funding for classroom technology! Just like a gift registry, you build a wish list of technology products for your classroom. Then you can tell prospective donors how their support will make a difference to your students. After a purchase, Digital Wish automatically donates an additional 2%-10% in funding for your next technology project!
Right now there is a contest (deadline 3/31/11) for 10 Flip Video Cameras here
Public school teachers from every corner of America post classroom project requests on DonorsChoose.org. Requests range from pencils for a poetry writing unit, to violins for a school recital, to microscope slides for a biology class.
Then, you can browse project requests and give any amount to the one that inspires you. Once a project reaches its funding goal, we deliver the materials to the school.
You’ll get photos of your project taking place, a thank-you letter from the teacher, and a cost report showing how each dollar was spent. If you give over $100, you’ll also receive hand-written thank-you letters from the students.
iLoveSchools.com offers a totally free service where teachers can post a list of materials they need for their classroom and donors can search for schools to which they can make donations.
Great places to check out:
FREE or Federal Resources for Educational Excellence, is a U.S. Department of Education website that compiles free teacher resources available from dozens of federal agencies. Educators can sign up for the FREE RSS feed, which notifies users when new resources are added. Otherwise, they can browse by topic, from music history to life sciences.
Check out this site Self-Checked Quizzes to prepare your students for CST and California Algebra Readiness on Concepts, Skills, and Problem-Solving. Send your students for vocabulary review, examples, standards practice, chapter test, and even a personal tutor.
My eCoach has over 50,000 resources with many matched to standards. All resources are free for teachers and students. There is also a free citation builder.
Classtools are flash-based interactive games, quizzes, and flashcards. You can create one and then embed it into your website.
Celestia The free space simulation that lets you explore our universe in three dimensions.
Free Educational Kits
- Space thrills poster from NASA This poster for K-4 students uses reading and writing activities to teach students about the solar system.
- C-Span Classroom Free American Presidents Timeline Poster for teachers.
- Free Human Genome Poster
- Free Posters from the NIDA The National Institute on Drug Abuse is offering a variety of free posters. You can order multiple copies of each free poster for schools or other orginizations.
- Free Posters from the USEPA Many of the posters are available in English or Spanish versions.
- "Make Waves -- Discover Science" posters
- Top 10 Reasons Why You Should Take Physics poster
- Free Physics posters
- Celebrate Women in Physics poster
- Make Waves - Discover Science from the Optical Society of America
- Free Posters from Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- Medical Sciences games, posters, and publications. Topics include cells, careers, proteins, and health.
- Free posters from EPA on pollution, estuaries, water quality, pesticides, and more
- Mineral Information Instituteperiodic table, lesson plans, and activities.
- Optics and Photonics posters: indluding nanotechnology, LASERs, and energy
- Periodic Table
- APS Careers in Physiology brochure, email a request for up to 300 copies to email@example.com
- Earth/Mars Comparison (NASA)
- USGS Water Education
- Importance of eating “green” foods
- Forest Life
- Air, Water, Land, and Ice
- Hazardous Waste
- Solar Poster and Spectroscope
- NASA/JPL Resource Center or call 909.397.4420
- IRIS Seismology Poster
- Business posters, many of which apply to education. Download and print.
- Forest Foundation posters, bookmarks, lessons, and other information.
- How to get into college posters from California State University Chancellor (download the poster here)
- Sun-Earth Day (March 21st) posters, flyer, kits, bookmarks, banners, etc.
- Physics posters including an Einstein mosaic and physicscentral.
- Women in Science posters and videos.