This one unit online course consists of 4 modules It is for educators (K-14) who want to learn more about online resources for education. It is also a good course for non-eduators who want to learn more about how to use open education resources for their own academic, work, or family needs.
Participants will demonstrate proficiency by:
1) Exploring the resources in this course
2) Participating actively in the online discussions
3) Creating an annotated web resource list
4) Creating or tweaking a lesson, unit, or project to include open educational resources
Participants will be expected to:
1) Log in and participate in this course (reading materials, watching videos, collaborating with co-learners, posting to assignments and discussions) 3 hours per week 4 weeks.
2) Download and frequenly refer to the course rubric in order to use it as their guide.
3) Create an annotated web resource list
4) Create or tweak a lesson, unit, or project using some of the resrouces on their web resource list
1) Log in regularly and read all postings (Discussions and assignments).
2) Provide feedback to assignments and discussions to provide additional resources and help the learner create his/her final project and better understand concepts being taught.
3) Use the course rubric to determine final grades.
4) Respond to all emails and private messages from participants.
Your final grade will be determined using the Course Rubric. The instructor will provide formative feedback on all assignments and when appropriate in the course discussion, but individual assignments well not be graded.