"Why are group conflicts universal to human society?"
"Romeo & Juliet" by William Shakespeare and the Edward Olmos film "American Me" (wikipedia)
What Choices and Voice will you have about Group Conflicts in this unit?
- Research into Elizabethan Era
- Discussion comparing "Romeo and Juliet" and "American Me"
- Inspiration Chart analyzing a character in "Romeo and Juliet"
- Discussions about which characters from "American Me" hold a dialogue on their motivations and a culminating debate where students representing characters from both novels discuss the common themes in each work.
- Choose a character and present as that character using Shakespearean language and insults.
- Do your own research using questions and keywords from your vocabulary list.