Is the Theory of evolution true?
Why or why not?
This website is designed for high school aged science students. Evolution is part of the curriculum in the Biology course-work and needs to be covered. As stated by the Alaska Dept. of Ed. the science standards are well defined. Once you have gone through all the tabs and exercises provided it will be up to you the student to decide if the "Theory of Evolution" is a robust and viable theory.
Objectives for this website:
By the end of this course the student wil be able to:
- Define what a fossil is and explain how they aid in the development of evolutionary theories.
- Describe what is the Law of Supersition and its evolutionary significance.
- Explain how early scientists inferred a succession of life-forms from the fossil record.
- What significance does the Burgess Shale provide in the Cambrian Explosion.
- What is Evolution?
- How did Darwin come to the conclusion that species change over time?
- List the two major theories that Darwin preposed.
Back to top
- Explain some holes in this theory.
- Be able to explain current research on the origins of life.