The How to Personalize Learning is a practical guide. Right from Chapter 1, we ask you to jump right in to the activities around resources.
Personalization vs. Differentiation vs. Individualization chart
- Compare your chart with the actual PDI chart. Why did you select the descriptions that you did?
- Review the PDI chart and discuss what stands out to you as the significant differences between Personalization, Differentiation and Individualization? Where do you see individualization and thought it was personalization?
- What is the learner experiencing under each of these headings?
- How is teaching practice different under each of these headings?
- How can you give voice and choice to a learner?
- In 25 words or less describe to each other what the difference is between Personalization, Differentiation and Individualization.
How do these new ideas support your vision on personalized learning?
Discuss your beliefs with your colleagues and find common threads.
As you go through this fieldbook, review your beliefs that you wrote here.
Update as you modify your beliefs.
- As you go through this guide, review your shared beliefs that you wrote here.
- Update as you modify your beliefs.
- Reflect on the question adapted from EPiC Elementary: “What would you do if you could create the ideal learning environment to prepare learners for a world that continues to evolve?”
- Share any questions that you can use for reflection with your community.